.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, April 09, 2006

 

A Moon Mosaic

Click to enlarge (and it enlarges quite a bit).
Finally the clouds parted and I was able to get some shots. ALthough not for long. I manged to get this sequence and make a partial mosaic in the Gimp (the Guide to Gimp for Astrophotography is still coming) before the clouds rolled in as I was imaging. The quality isn't good because of this (messing up the exposures as well). My Venus phase campaign has suffered a bit of a set back, no images for 14 days due to cloud and rain, but I got one this morning. Tonight was clear, cold and cloud free, and I was hoping to make a full mosaic, but even after equilibrating my telescope for over an hour, the seeing was terrible. Oh well, better luck next lunation.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?