.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, February 23, 2007

 

A Different Birthday Present

On February 25th, my natal day, the Rosetta space probe, ESA's mission to comet Churyumov-Gerasimenko, will make its closest approach to Mars. Rosetta will deloy several instruments, as well as planetary camreas, as it passes withinn 250 Km of Mars to boost it on the next part of its mission. Unfortunately, while media are invited to the event, there is no indication if there will be a live webcast, otherwise I woould spend part of my birthday morning watching this.

Stuart reports on the dynamics of the flyby, and Tom outlines an interesting science mission.

My families present to me is a morning sea kayaking in the dolphin sanctuary. Don't I have the best family ever!

Comments:
Happy natal day. That sounds like a great present Ian. Try not to hit the dolphins with the paddles though ;-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?