.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, June 11, 2007

 

Just one of those weekends

We went to Naracoorte of the weekend, catching up with the Farm Cousins and Little Miss Just Walking. Being out in the country, I took along my small teslescope and camera to try and show the younglings Jupiter and Vesta, and see if I could get some decent dark sky shots of Vetsa.

So of course it was couldy. First night out, I actually got to see an Iridium Flare through the clouds, pretty neat, but cloudy as all get out otherwise. Next night was clare while we were having tea, and playing table tennis with the younglings. It was clare as I set my telescope up. No sooner had I got Jupiter in my sights then "whoosh" cloud. Driving home the sky was clear, and we could see Venus beconing as we drove into Adelaide. Now, cloud.

At least we did some caving and saw some fantastic fossils to make up for the cloud. And lost of bushwalking.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?