.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, December 13, 2009

 

My Sunday Geminids

Red-Green anaglyph of the beach near Second Valley Jetty. Click to embiggen, you will need red-cyan 3D glasses to see the 3D effect (doesn't work so well on the thumbnail.

We spent the weekend down at Second Valley, a lovely costal town with a really nice beach. I thought being at such a darksy site, I would see how many Geminids I could pick up pre-peak on the Sunday night.

Things did not start auspiciously when I discovered I had left my bag with the binoculars, SLR camera, film and lenses for the telescope back in Adelaide. Also the sky was wall to wall cloud from Friday night to Saturday afternoon. However, as evening fell the clouds cleared and the soutern stars came out in all their glory, uninhibited by city lights.

So of course when I got up at 2 am to look for meteors, the clouds came back again.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?