.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, January 22, 2015

 

Venus and the Crescent Moon - 22 January 2015

Venus and the crescent Moon imaged at around 21:15 ACDST form Largs North, using my Canon IXUS ASA 400, 1 sec exposure. click to embiggen.The paired imaged on 3X Zoom, then the image cropped to emphasise the pair. Click to embiggen.

After returning from putting EldestOne on a Melbourne bound bus to start sorting out some Uni things, I saw the most gorgeous sunset. Despite the clouds, I was able to capture Venus and the crescent Moon. Unfortunately, Mercury had sunk in the horizon murk by the time the clouds let me see the planets.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Port Noarlunga Jetty ?
 
Vb
 
On the night of the 23rd at about 930pm I saw the brightest flash if white light I've ever seen in my life. Driving north towards Coober Pedy, what seemed like a giant shooting star and then exploding, consuming all darkness around me. Seemed like it lasted it for a few seconds. Only wish I had truck cam!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?