.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

 

More comet C/2015 ER61 goodness (8 April 2017)

Comet C/2015 ER61 on APril 8 at 4:41 AEST. Image is a stack of 15 x 60s greyscale images from iTelescope T13 registered and stacked in comet mode of DeepSky Stacker. Click to embiggen Same images registered and stacked in ImageJ, then a SUMMED Z projection applied. Click to embiggen

Comet C/2015 ER61 is fading after its outburst, but I got some nice sequence of it via the remote iTelescopes (here it's been mostly clouded out). I've been playinng with DeepSKy stacker to see if I can better comet tail resolution than I can with ImageJ. My current attempts with both are pretty meh.

See my previous image here.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?